The epic conclusion of the award-winning Avernum series. Avernum is a world underground. It is a nation of people living in an enormous warren of tunnels and caverns, far below the surface of the world. Once a prison colony for rebels and thugs, it is now a wild frontier, full of adventurous souls looking for wealth, fame, and magical power. Avernum's sole link to the surface world: a single magical portal, small and difficult to maintain.
And then the Blight came. Almost overnight, the mushrooms Avernum needed to feed itself withered and died. Then the denizens of the low tunnels, the savage, reptilian Slithzerikai, emerged. Sensing weakness, they struck, destroying much of a weakened Avernum and creating waves of hungry, desperate refugees. Now chaos and hunger stalk this land, and none seem to be able to find a solution or a way to stop the Slith Horde.
In the midst of all of this chaos, you joined the army. You had a good, simple reason: Soldiers get food. And yet, through a run of good (or bad) fortune, you find that you have a chance to discover and confront Avernum's enemies. The nation of Avernum is rapidly approaching its final destiny, and you will be at the center of events. Can you save your homeland? And, if Avernum survives, what will become of it?
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
1. An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
2. A fascinating storyline, full of surprises, treachery, and epic battles.
3. Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
4. Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
5. Unique game world. Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any RPG out there.
6. Experience with previous Avernum games is completely unnecessary to enjoy Avernum 6.